Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Nursery Sneak Peek

We have been busy as usual around here lately. There was so much big project work for so long that both Kim and I found ourselves slowing down on all the details. It may be more accurate to say that Kim finds himself at a standstill, but I am still lumbering (and waddling) along!

After much work and also some procrastination, the nursery is almost done. I hit Babiesrus yesterday for some last minute details (Alastair's old blue changing pad cover just isn't going to cut it) and spent some time stocking the changing table and washing all the linens. The result? A place actually ready for a baby, especially since she won't notice that the art has yet to arrive. Here is a little peek to let everyone know what all those Facebook posts about baskets and curtains were about...






I'm still learning to use my new flash, so the color in here reads closest to the second shot in reality. Special thanks to Stacie and Mom, who helped me paint the basket handles and to Becky, who lent me books so I could figure out sewing lined drapes. Curtains, as it turns out, are every bit as simple as they look but complications arise from handling eight feet of fabric at a time...

We're still waiting on some art that I ordered and her shelf to be painted. Oh, and the baby, of course.

4 comments:

  1. The curtains turned out great - good job, Genevieve! Can't wait to meet little Miss (one of these days... ;-))! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nursery looks great! The changing pad is fabulous...and the baskets...I am speechless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it!!!!! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete