Super riveting video of Alastair passing his second float test. We started the float test process at the beginning of the summer, which consists of three separate tests on different days with increasing amounts of clothing worn. Alastair didn't pass his second test; he was just having an off day. The next two weeks we were on vacation and somehow, we just didn't start it up again. After telling me every time we went to swim class: "I not swim in my shirt today. I not swim in my shoes today," I had to tell Alastair that indeed he would be swimming in both once again. Here he is, passing the float test and modeling a unique new form of floating that I call "the vertical float." Somehow, he stays up, but I'm anxious for him to decide to float normally again. Every time he gets in the pool, he tries out something new, although he swims like a pro at swim class and usually limits his hijinks to splashing and throwing toys.
This is also his last class with Miss Tracy, which is a sad milestone for us. Alastair and I started swim lessons almost two years ago. We've actually been going so long that I can't remember when we started... He had her for two sessions of Mommy and Me (Starfish, for those of you in the know) and for his Goldfish class. This week he graduates to Dolphin because he can swim the width of the pool independently and turn front to back, back to front. We are skipping one lesson for his birthday, so the third float test will also be his first day of the new class with a new teacher. And he'll be wearing jeans, a long sleeve shirt, socks, and shoes. Cross your fingers with me!
Well done Alastair! Gen - did you shoot this video using your digital camera? Not bad.
ReplyDeleteThanks Bill. I did shoot it using the Elph and I will tell you that the resolution is vastly better than what Blogger will allow me to post. I have to really wreck it to make it small enough to post. So two thumbs up for the Elph on the video front!
ReplyDeleteglad we could watch it first-hand! - ella, cole, and chase :)
ReplyDelete