This is the third and final installment of the riveting float test series. This version is moderately more interesting because Alastair is managing to float fully clothed while screaming bloody murder at the same time. I am so glad that he passed because I don't know if I could make him do this again. I recognize that this is a very useful experience and child water safety is of particular importance to me, but boy, it was painful listening to him. My first mistake was mentioning that the float test was going to be before his swim lesson while we were getting ready that morning. Perhaps I should have mentioned that once he was already at the pool... Note to self... I literally had to wrestle him into his pants and shirt in the midst of the greatest temper tantrum of all time.
Immediately after completing the test, Alastair was laughing and splashing it up with his new teacher, looking for all the world that this was the greatest swim lesson ever.
For his efforts, he has earned a new fabulous t-shirt (which may fit in two years) and a miniature cowbell to commemorate passing the test and ringing the bell. Kim and I have decided the cowbell is a new "outside toy."
No comments:
Post a Comment