Monday, September 14, 2009

Baby Sprinkle

This weekend was my baby "sprinkle" with my playgroup pals. Stephanie was gracious enough to host on a Sunday so we could all enjoy some great conversation without constantly scanning the room or playground on high alert, prepared to take off after a wayward toddler at a moment's notice. Combine great company with a divine Lemoncello cake from Cheesecake Factory (thanks Brian!) and it was an afternoon very well spent.

The shower games were fun and some were very original!

This creepy little guy is part of the "my water broke" game. The first one to defrost the baby from the cube won a prize. Mine took so long to defrost that I actually forgot he was floating around my lemonade.

Here, Ella enthusiastically participates in the "name that baby food" game. (Sorry Ella.) This game, it should be noted, which I first played at a shower thrown for me by Alisa and Julie when I was pregnant with Alastair, inspired me to make all of his baby food. You have no idea how gross some of that stuff is until you try it. It was just after gagging on some sort of lamb and vegetable dish (I feel a gag coming on just thinking about it) that I resolved to make his food. I thought, "I can not do this to someone I love." Let's hope I have the same dedication with this baby! I do have a new high powered food processor standing by to inspire me.

Thanks to all who were able to make it and to Audrey for diligently making party favors (yummy white chocolate rattle pops) just before going into labor herself!

1 comment: