Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School


School is back in session and this year Alastair is doubling his time with a whopping two days in preschool. Monday mornings are a little hectic now getting him ready and every other week negotiating the cleaning crew and getting him ready. I know, I know, we all should have such problems! (As an aside, sometime during my first trimester, Kim broke down and let me hire a crew in the hopes of seeing his carpets again and getting to sleep on clean sheets.)

Alastair's first day went really well and he wasn't the slightest bit unhappy to be left at school. He is in the older two's class, having missed the cutoff for the younger 3's (and the bliss of the carpool lane for me) by 3 days. It is basically the same class and curriculum as the little 3's and most of the kids are going to be in the transition program together when they are five. Essentially, they'll all end up starting kindergarten together.


The day before his birthday, Alastair's class celebrated with him. The teachers and classmates made him a special crown which I was shocked to learn he insisted on wearing all day. I came in to read him a special story (Birthday Monsters, Sandra Boynton) and everyone sang the birthday song for him. He was a very happy little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment