This was our third year to meet up at Lake Bastrop for a weekend of camping, boating, and s'mores. I made a t-shirt to that effect for Alastair actually.
We got to the campground around 5 and headed out for a quick trip around the lake on Jennifer's dad's boat. That thing is huge! The boat, that is, not the lake.
Then it was time for s'mores and hanging out with friends.
Saturday morning, the Bowlings and the Nichols were in charge of breakfast. Emilee and I were smart enough to pick a meal that the men have typically presided over and Bryan Reece even got into the action. We (and I use that term loosely) made taquitos with eggs, bacon, and onion topped with cheese and by a few confused souls, vanilla yogurt. They claimed it looked like sour cream, but I think it was just too much cooking channel viewing encouraging a breakfast fusion.
We spent the morning hanging out on the beach and Kim took Alastair for a hike (it hurts to call it that since it was so flat). Emery was out of sync with her nap times for the day and ended up sleeping only 45 minutes all day, which accounts for her absence in the group shot. She was well asleep by that point.
Later in the afternoon, we were lucky enough to go out in the boat again and even got to do a little swimming.
Kim is conspicuously absent from the festivities because he refused to put on his bathing suit for fear we would make him use it. Even Emery enjoyed swimming and splashing around so that is proof that when it comes to water temps, he is a wimp.
The original Rowdy Rebels.Saturday night was group dinner and a considerably mellower affair than Friday. Everyone was worn out and it was a good feeling.
I even got the older crew together for some pictures. Considering the amount of wiggling and wrestling going on, I was quite pleased any of them came out.
Sunday morning dawned early. Next year we might get Alastair his own cabin...
We hung out for awhile and enjoyed the morning before beginning the packing up process. I forgot to make peach cobbler Saturday night and that was something that would not stand. It isn't a real camping trip without tents peach cobbler!


No comments:
Post a Comment