Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Day

Apologies for the fact that the chronology of this blog is all over the place...

We celebrated Valentine's Day this year by cleaning out our master closet, a project which will not be documented here. I'm sure there is a limit to what our blogging public will put up with. Thankfully, there were plenty of other events prior to Sunday the 14th that are more interesting.

This year Alastair was ready for the big day and excited about all the fun and festivities leading up to it. He practiced the valentine handout on a daily basis by delivering last year's leftover cards to the whole family, Boudreaux included. Then he retrieved them so he could redeliver. And redeliver. We worked on heart themed projects in the afternoons and duplicated the card Alastair made for Kim when he was 4 months old with a pink one from Emery at three months.

A glimpse of Valentine's Day past...


And Valentine's Day Present. Making a card for her very first valentine: Daddy.

Emery put a more girly twist on the idea, which I failed to photograph. Basically, we made two footprints with the heels touching and the toes angled away from each other, making a little heart made of cute little tootsies.

Of course we also made treats for the Rowdy Rebels (playgroup) party. We printed a little card and attached that a Disney Cars card (with tatoo) and then a candy.

Candy Cane Heart Candies

The candies were a remake from the Idea Room. It is a neat idea and super easy to execute, not to mention a great way to use up leftover mini candy canes, since I don't really like peppermint. I mean, I'll eat it, but not if there is something better available. Basically, you soften the candy canes in the oven, squish them together, fill with melted white chocolate when they cool, and let your three year old loose with the non pariels. Thank you, Proctor and Gamble for inventing the Swiffer!


Alastair and I handing out his treats. I spent the day of the party packaging them up and we attended another party that morning so Alastair did not have time to make himself a fancy bag or box. Thankfully, he neither cared nor noticed. Candy is an effective distraction.

A glimpse at the chaos that is our playgroup. We started out with 12 moms and 12 babies, all only children at that point. Since then, we have added 12 more kids (with one more on the way) and when we all get together, it is really something. Something that can require an advil or a glass of wine to recover from. We really do have fun.

Next up: I'm working on a tutorial for my latest project. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Glass of wine is right. Maybe we should start requiring a bottle for attendance.

    ReplyDelete