I bring you old news and odd tidbits...
New Years weekend we enjoyed a visit from Kim's cousin Stuart, who is also Alastair's Uncle Stuart by our classification. I've known Stuart since he was a punk kid pretending to be a grown up and I was a slightly older punk kid who thought I really was one... And I seriously can not believe whoever is in charge of these things has let him be thirty. That just makes me feel SO old. And he has a nine year old! And a seven year old.
Alastair was in heaven following him around and climbing all over him. Days later he would tell me Stuart things out of the blue. Alastair: "Uncle Stuart has a belt!" Me: "Yep, he sure does, doesn't he?" Alastair: "His belt has a big buckle!" Alastair: "Uncle Stuart has a truck!" Me: "Yep, you got to ride in it, didn't you?" Alastair: "Uncle Stuart has boots!" And so on.
Our neighborhood had a snow day at the park and Alastair was super excited to go sledding.
And in an effort to ruin your diets... Have you ever baked something so beautiful you just couldn't eat it without first preserving it in a photo? Really? I'm the only one?
Pioneer Woman's Cinnamin Rolls, which we have renamed Cinnamin Crack. I do love a good before and after, don't you?
These suckers were about five inches across and filled an entire 12"x20" pan. Which was only a half recipe! My advice: if you decide to make these, do NOT sample the icing while you are making it because you will go into glycemic shock eating the actual cinnamon roll. But what a way to go... We may well have cemented a lifelong friendship by sharing these with our neighbors, the Kunz's. Their kids are happy to absorb whatever crazy baking I've been doing, but I bet you the kids never got near these.
No comments:
Post a Comment