By Thursday, four days past my due date, and the day before my doctor left for a week in Hawaii, we decided to go ahead and schedule the cesarean section I had been avoiding. That turned out to be a good decision as my doctor would later tell me during surgery, since the thickness of my previous scar tissue and the size of the baby put me at much higher risk of complications than either of us initially thought.

Have you ever seen anyone more cheerful going into surgery? Yeah, I didn't really feel that confident. I do look it though, don't I?

I survived a little hyperventilation and soon enough, Dr. Schroeder freed the little person causing me so much grief in the last few weeks. I figured she was going to be big, but NINE POUNDS, 3 OUNCES? Check out the chub on our little girl!

Finally getting to meet my little girl.
Have you ever seen anyone more cheerful going into surgery? Yeah, I didn't really feel that confident. I do look it though, don't I?
I survived a little hyperventilation and soon enough, Dr. Schroeder freed the little person causing me so much grief in the last few weeks. I figured she was going to be big, but NINE POUNDS, 3 OUNCES? Check out the chub on our little girl!
Finally getting to meet my little girl.
Does Kim not look hot in scrubs? Seriously, he may have missed his calling.
Alastair arrived the next morning to check out his new sister.
He was so excited to give Emery her very own "blankie bear" that he picked out himself and even wrapped. The kiss was entirely his idea. Too sweet.
Emery surprised us all with her dark hair and steely blue eyes. Kim is convinced they are going to change to brown, but I am hoping for a dark haired blue eyed beauty, ala Kate Beckinsdale. We think Emery has a lot of Alastair's features, especially those little kissy lips, and she definitely has Kim's coloring.
Getting ready to come home. Sorry about the bow, Emery.
And Alastair finally gets to hold his little sister. He was a little hyper at the hospital and wouldn't really sit still long enough to hold her. Grammie gets the gold star of the week for wrangling a VERY active preschooler for three days and letting him live. Thank you!
Man alive she is beautiful! I just want to squish her! (But I'll restrain myself. You don't have to hide her from me.)
ReplyDeleteSo sweet - great pics! Here's hoping Little Miss stays the course and there is sleep for all in the Bowling house soon! Happy 1 week birthday, Emery!!
ReplyDeleteGenevieve, she is gorgeous! I agree that she looks a lot like Alastair w/Kim's coloring. I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET HER!
ReplyDeleteNow go to sleep.
:)
What great pictures Gen! I just love seeing big brother Alastair holding his baby sister with such joy! You're right about those lips...just alike! She is a beauty...can't wait to hold her!
ReplyDeleteoooh LOVE that closeup of her. gorgeous. :)
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!! Hopefully you will get some sleep soon, at least you know this no-sleep phase doesn't last forever!
ReplyDelete