Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Alastair is potty trained!

Wow, I thought I would have to wait several weeks (or months) to write this post, but today Alastair woke up and decided diapers were SO yesterday's news. I opened his door, told him good morning, and he marched straight past me to the bathroom, a man on a mission. After the shock of that wore off, he marched right back into his bedroom and demanded his Lightening McQueen underwear (known as "abuli queen" since his Papa keeps calling our favorite race car "Butterfly McQueen"...). From that point on, he has been in the driver's seat all day, announcing when he needs to use the potty. He even stopped dusting the living room to take a little potty time, and came right back in to pick up where he left off. Of course, the rest of his household chores have suffered a bit (the vacuuming and changing all the sheets are STILL not done) but I am willing to let it slide. At least until April Fools is over...

2 comments:

  1. He ALWAYS asks to use the potty at our house. Of course it is where Remi goes. He is learning to "Farmer blow" when his head is stuffed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! What a relief! It's sooo nice to not deal with diapers! :)

    ReplyDelete