The 0-3 egg hunt was a bit of a mob scene, since every child had two parents with them on the field. Alastair was able to scoop up six or seven eggs and was rewarded by neat little trinkets, stickers, and mini coloring books.
Here he is examing a duck ring and a sticker. This year, Alastair will have a minimum of four egg hunts. He has been in training for about a week and is ready to clean up.
Alastair wasn't scared of the Easter Bunny at all, whom he called "Mr. Bunny." However, I would like to take this opportunity to make a public service announcement to all amateur photographers and Santa's/Bunnies: the best setup for a photograph is NOT facing directly into the sun. Sure, there is plenty of light, but is that generally a problem outside on a bright day? There really is nothing attractive about your subject squinting in misery into the sun and the whole scene is washed out. In fact, an overcast day makes for great pictures. The colors are brighter and everyone has their eyes open! This concludes the announcement.
Back to the blog already in progress...

They had a little boat ride for the kids that Alastair just adored, so much so that he rode it three times. Give this boy a steering wheel and he is happy!
Back to the blog already in progress...
They had a little boat ride for the kids that Alastair just adored, so much so that he rode it three times. Give this boy a steering wheel and he is happy!
And then...
I haven't been on a paddle boat in, well, I can't remember. So Kim and I took one out on the mini lake for a quick paddle. The best part of paddle boating is (and I can hardly wait for the comments from my mom and dad) is that both adults power the boat by peddling one set of pedals. So I could sort of half peddle and my legs moved at exactly the same speed as Kim, and he didn't notice! Until now, that is.
And finally here Alastair is on his pony/donkey ride. Kim claims that I way more excited about it than he is ("Look Tyler! The monkeys!!!") but that is an unjust allegation. I am trying to play the whole pony thing really cool. It was Alastair, not me, that refused to move a single inch in any direction but toward the pony ride at the rodeo. And it was Alastair that threw a massive fit when we told him we would come back at this ride when the line was shorter. That was ALL him.
Hey Tyler really loved those monkeys! :)
ReplyDelete