Thursday, September 4, 2008

Welcome New Aunt Stacie!

A great big "Planet Bowling" to our newest family member, Stacie Lewis! This past weekend we flew to Kansas for Uncle Bill's wedding and we managed to squeeze some family vacation time in as well. The weather was fantastic, in the 80's with a breeze for most of the weekend with clear skies. The season of weddings (season of mist and mellow fruitfulness, anyone?) is drawing to a close. And with it, the summer of travel, of fittings and alterations, and of hotel rooms. It has been a fun and busy ride.

We met up with my old pal Amanda and her daughters Madeline and Ella at the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead (thanks Stephanie; it was great!).

Here Madeline is teaching Alastair how to feed a baby goat. I got in the pen to take some pictures, but baby goats are PUSHY! We had to get out of there before it became a barnyard melee.Alastair has it figured out now. This is shortly before we were assaulted by the rest of the goats.
Alastair having fun on a tractor, one of his favorite new words.

The wedding was held at Longview Mansion which is by far the coolest wedding location I have been to. Bill and Stacie also win the award for the best wedding cake ever: lemon with some sort of delectable raspberry cream filling.

How pretty is this place?
And we had the whole thing!
The ceremony was held in the garden in front of this fountain.
I heart ebay. How cute is Alastair?
Current and previous Lewis's.
Alastair congratulates his Uncle Bill.
Alastair, looking very Jay Gatsby.

One last one of us goofing around at the rehearsal.

It really was a wonderful weekend and Alastair was the most mellow and flexible little guy, even though we kept him up super late. The best part (after the wedding of course) was getting to design my own handbag at 1154 Lill Studio. I LOVE this place and can't wait to make another bag and the first hasn't even arrived yet! Too cool. As an aside, I knew I was going to like Stacie when we first met because across a room (corny, but accurate) I spotted her bag and the tiny little black tag and knew that she too was a lover of Lill. Sigh...

Next up: birthday pictures of our two year old! My project for tomorrow's nap time...

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!
    You are so creative and fun. I look forward to taking may more pictures with you and your family.
    Love,
    New Aunt Stacie

    ReplyDelete