This timely post brought to you in part by our new functional computer. Hurrah!
Waiting for the bus, whenever it should appear. We used to wait on the curb, but we could be out there anywhere between 3 and 40 minutes. Now we wait inside and I fling open the door upon its arrival while Alastair bolts for the curb. Oddly, this routine is a serious improvement and less stressful than loitering in the front yard while I get madder and madder every day.
Did I mention I am Alastair's homeroom mom this year? Funny story about that... This is me buying a birthday treat for his teacher and not getting anything myself. Proud moment.
Still sorting baby clothes. When will it end?
Emery keeps me well supplied with tea though. She is my little Chai Wallah.
Today was ccccccold. Tomorrow is going to be ccccccold. I'm about over it. I love the cold outside (particularly on an 8 mile run) but could it just stay outside? Is that too much to ask? I'm wearing fingerless gloves as I type this.
Today I got thirty minutes between putting the girls down and greeting Alastair to regroup.
Then the Monday homework fight commences. This boy is about to have a homeschool journal assignment on a daily basis. He doesn't like writing because it isn't as easy for him like math and science (mini-Kim anyone?) so I'm going to get him comfortable enough that it will be.
Dreaming of Spring. Starting tomatoes in the kitchen! Somewhere on my block, right now, there is a shivering possum dreaming of eating these tomatoes.
Seven year olds probably shouldn't wield hot glue guns, but he was supervised. Valentine mailbox in production.
Post dinner Olympic viewing. Emery loves the little girls that collect the flowers after the skaters and Alastair is all in for the snowboarders.
Daddy makes his appearance just in time for bed. Not a moment too soon!










No comments:
Post a Comment