I am of the belief that there are very few things cuter than little kids in boots and cowboy hats. Once you have seen Emery in hers, I know you will agree. Her siblings aren't too shabby either.
We have been hearing about the Katy Rodeo Parade for the last few years and finally had the day free to attend. There were lots of cool cars, local business floats, and even souped up trucks.
Raptor!
Have I mentioned that this is my son's favorite vehicle on the planet? And how we really need one because we could just drive over the other cars instead of having to stop for red lights? Or how the raptor is faster than a cheetah? Or that it can drive over railroad tracks? And no, our current cars can't do any of those things at all and don't try to convince him otherwise. Unless you just like to hear yourself talk.
There were ponies for Emery. The subtle indoctrination is working, so save up Kimbo. It was especially cool when one of her babysitters was riding with the Katy Cowgirls and called out to her specifically. Pretty neat.
It was really fun being creative and although my husband had some un-supportive words about my last minute sewing project, I was stopped by several women asking where I got them. So perhaps one day I'll sew up some more and put them in my shop. If I ever reopen it.
The bigs insisted on wearing their muffs the whole time, although we really just brought them for the concert. I wish I had some for that experience myself; the sound was terrible and the band was shrill and incomprehensible. The kids were happy to leave early and go in search of adventure elsewhere on the grounds.
Alastair and I also accepted a last minute invite to see Luke Bryan with Uncle Bill. One kid is so easy! Even when he is feeling difficult.
There were ponies for Emery. The subtle indoctrination is working, so save up Kimbo. It was especially cool when one of her babysitters was riding with the Katy Cowgirls and called out to her specifically. Pretty neat.
There were rodeo days at school:
The girls got together again to see Zac Brown. It was an amazing concert and we were on our feet and dancing the whole time. As one of the very first nights away from Nell, it could not have been more fun.
And speaking of Eleanor...
Grammie found a tiny hat just for her. Emery was thrilled with it and promptly dressed up in her "rodeo princess" wear for a photo op.
After all the school stuff, we took the kids to a weekend matinee at the HLSR to see the Band Perry. That morning (because I am crazy) I whipped these up.
It was really fun being creative and although my husband had some un-supportive words about my last minute sewing project, I was stopped by several women asking where I got them. So perhaps one day I'll sew up some more and put them in my shop. If I ever reopen it.
Poor Eleanor.
I'm not sure she is delighted with her ensemble as we are.
Hooligans.
The boots.
At the show.
The bigs insisted on wearing their muffs the whole time, although we really just brought them for the concert. I wish I had some for that experience myself; the sound was terrible and the band was shrill and incomprehensible. The kids were happy to leave early and go in search of adventure elsewhere on the grounds.
Too stinking cute.








No comments:
Post a Comment