Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kindergarten Summary

Since tomorrow is "meet the teacher night" for a new year, I figured I better get the kindergarten round up posted.  Before my soon to be first grader is a soon to be high schooler.

 

A self portrait of Alastair on his first day.  For some reason, he seems to be wearing a gun belt.  Not very PC of him, is it?   No wait, I think on closer inspection, those are cargo short pockets.  Here is what he wore on day one:
Cargo shorts.


One of the highlights of the school year was the 100th day of school.  At Alastair's school, the kids dress up like (very nimble) 100 year old's.   We used costume glue to affix bushy eyebrows and sprayed his hair silver.



 

After some arguing about suspenders and khakis, we settled on a sweater vest and slacks.  Alastair was so offended at the notion of old folks wearing church clothes all the time he told me in outrage, "Uncle Bill doesn't dress like that!"  Classic, folks.   

Another highlight was the field trip.  I got to accompany Alastair and his class of hooligans to the Museum of Natural Science Butterfly Exhibit.  

Here I am, trying to get a nice picture of the two of us together.  

You see my problem, right?

Then there was the last day.


Only one year and he has developed a mohawk and an uncanny resemblance to Sid Vicious.

 This is not the last day.  This is "crazy hair day." 


 Thankfully, he only looked like that one day, although there were several aborted attempts.

Last Day!  Yes!


My kindergarten graduate.



His favorite things about this year:  riding the bus, writer's workshop, and art class.


See you again soon, bus!  






No comments:

Post a Comment