Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring Sprung. Awhile ago.

 You might need to be related to me to put up with the following post.  Brace yourself for a very thoroughly documented trip to the lake and bluebonnet pictures.

Our last skiing trip to the lake in 2011 was November 7th and we were eager to get back on the water as soon as we could in 2012.  The last weekend in March it was time!

 The water was, um, refreshing.

 
But we persevered.

 There were wet suits involved.

 I'm a little concerned at some point this kid is going to fall in reaching for the water with a skier behind the boat.

 Alastair didn't let the lack of a wetsuit slow him down any.  I think by the end of the summer the kid may be sprouting gills.

We go to Lake Sommerville, which is just outside of Brenham and in both prime bluebonnet and Blue Bell ice cream country. My family was very patient with me as I made them change out of their swim clothes and into something a little more photogenic.

Here are some of the better captures:











 My favorite.



In another week or so, a friend and I hit the road for a midweek trip.  The weather was awesome when we left Katy but it was cold and damp in Brenham.  That didn't stop us!
 









Next up:  Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment