Thursday, February 23, 2012

Love was in the air...

Love.  

This Valentine's Day was all about brotherly love and the love of family.  That is of course because Kim was still in Louisiana, his home away from home for the last four months.

 
Alastair addressed them himself this year.

After discussing several options for valentines, including actually just buying some, Alastair selected this "may the force be with you" option.  Such fun to make and I love that it is a fun treat (glow stick) that is not actually edible.  Ten full days since Valentine's has passed and I think we still have some candy lurking around.  It is insidious.


Emery and her buddy Colin.

We held our annual Rowdy Rebels party again this year and Emery was even more into it than ever.  So much that I had to about dive across the room to intercept her getting into a box of chocolates with nuts.  The girl was on a snack binge!  I think she snagged about three extra juice boxes and must have eaten five of the cookies we brought.


Emery picked My Little Pony Valentines from the store and we taped on a lollipop.  She says "loll-plop."


Alastair was surprisingly careful with his light sabers so they wouldn't light up in advance.



At the party, the kids got to listen to a story and then played candy Bingo.  Little Miss was a bit small to participate this year, but we played our own game at home over the weekend and she really liked matching up the cards.

 

Isn't Alastair's treat box fun?  Emery got an embellished Walmart special.  I added her name in vinyl.  Hey, she loved it!



On Valentine's Day, I dragged the kids out to get photographic proof of the shirts I made them as well as the crafted wreath.  It's been awhile since I've had my camera, since it went back to the Mothership/Nikon for a little r+r.  That's "reset and repair." 


Reunited and it feels so good!  I really missed being able to get shots like this one.  Looking at this picture, you would never believe that sweet girl could bite her brother or that he could torment her for sport when there is nothing better to do.  Not in our house, no sir.



We had a few visitors for the big day:  the cleaning crew (oh how I love it when they visit!), the grands dropping off some goodies, a sweet neighbor couple with cookies, Uncle Bill took Boudreaux on a running date, and the pizza man.  We finished off our day by snuggling up on the couch to watch Gnomeo and Juliet.  The best part of cartoon Shakespeare?  A happy ending for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment