Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter: Post 101

I am surprised to learn that this is my 101th post. Wow. I guess I've been feeling rather chatty in the last few years, huh? Just naturally gabby, I guess. (name that movie)

I am, once again, overriding my desire to play with these photos in Photoshop in order to bring you great tidings of comfort and joy. Wait, wrong holiday. I bring you great tidings of chocolate and hidden eggs.


We started the Easter season with our annual playgroup party a week or so ago. It was supposed to be about 45 degrees during the hunt but the weather turned lovely much sooner than expected.

Last year: the year of the lawnmower. You may remember that my son abandoned the hunt for eggs immediately upon discovery of any push toy in the vicinity, the lawn mower being the most irresistible. Not this year! This was the year of the hunt. Alastair finally figured out that there is candy in the eggs and that he gets to eat it. Game on! He eagerly collected his 12 eggs and then plopped on the grass to chow down.

The best part of the party, he later told me, was getting to play "red light, green light." At the moment, this is Alastair's favorite game, which he will happily play in the evening until Kim and I beg for mercy. In his at home version, he happily runs around and around the couch stopping and starting as directed. An effective means of wearing him out, I should add.

Next up was the school party.


Alastair's class hunt featured a communal egg bucket. I'm not sure that was a good thing, since he is the oldest kid in the class and was determined to find all the eggs. Each kid ended up coming home with six eggs but was allowed to collect as many as they could to put in the communal bucket. Note the number of eggs my son is contributing.

I was in charge of the Easter craft and I totally ripped off a St. Patrick's Day craft that Audrey provided at playgroup with an Easter theme. This is a pastel egg with contact paper affixed to it, sticky side up. Of course, because his mother is super into crafts and volunteered to head this up, my son worked on it for about thirty seconds before wandering off to play with the classroom cars. Figures.

His creation.


Next up: The AMOK Spring Fling.

We weren't there 20 minutes, when Alastair ran into the Easter Bunny herself!


Another egg hunt. I think he's going to be looking for eggs every time we go to a park for the next month.

Getting it done.


Checking to see what he got before moving on, something I made him stop doing. Bad idea on my part because he ended up with 8 erasers. Not that much erasing going on over here these days, but we're ready should the need arise.

Easter Day.


Proof that we can all be dressed up and clean at the same time. Alastair looks super pleased because he couldn't eat his bunny until we took a chocolate-free picture. About two minutes after this photograph, he managed to get candy on himself and was once again happy with the world.

To balance out all the egg hunt pictures her brother is featured in, here are a few of Emery on her very first Easter. Guess who is sitting up all by herself these days? She is a bit wobbly after a few minutes, but this milestone is perfect timing for both Easter and the bluebonnets.


The Easter Bunny brought Emery a few books for reading/chewing and some new spoons for later this month when she gets to try solid foods.


But no chocolate bunny.



Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment