Thursday, November 19, 2009

Emery is one month old!

The first two weeks seemed like two years, but time is already zipping along faster than I want it to. It seems crazy that Miss Em has only been with us a month! She is a super sweet baby who loves to cuddle and be held, and as this is our second child, we know this is a period that is all too short. Emery's umbilical cord fell off last Wednesday, so she had her first bath and gave me her first real "no way that is gas" smile on the same day. Not during the bath, however... I'm not sure happiness was the dominant emotion during that activity. Friday was her first trip to the zoo (yes, I may very well be nuts) and she slept the whole way around. Friday was also the official start of baby acne, a dreadful period which hopefully is worse for pimples than what she will endure in her teen/preteen years. Fortunately, we had professional pictures taken the day before.

Alastair is settling in nicely to his new role as big brother. Whenever anyone asks him about being a brother, he points to Emery and tells them she is his sister. He does ask me often if "that little guy is coming" when I'm readying him to leave the house. Uh, yes, she's not staying home alone, Alastair. He also wants to know what she's saying when she cries and if she is awake, even when her eyes are tightly shut and she hasn't moved in ten minutes.

Some funny Alastair-isms:
"I'm the big, big man that sells the money!" Huh?
"What happens when the kids get sick?" Sprout's commercials mainly consist of insurance ads.
"I just wanted to see my personal doctor once a year." Didn't know he had an OB of his own.
"I like to move it, move it!" Generally this is in a deep voice, and often while naked...
and my least favorite:
"I don't waaaaaaant to!" This is about darn near anything these days...

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the zoo! Remember when you guys went with us when Kyle was teeny tiny! That's the best time to go, when they sleep through the whole experience! Kristin Bohlmann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is already one month old! that's crazy! Can't wait to see your prof. pics...I love the one on here of her...just beautiful. Oh my gosh I have been rolling over the Alastairisms...what a funy little guy

    ReplyDelete