Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Finally putting up some pics from our recent home renovation: new kitchen counter tops. Bye bye, white Formica and don't let the door hit you on your way out! After spending three full days (and one night till 8:20) with our tile and granite crew, I am none too enthusiastic about redoing our white tile floors although they do sorely need it. Being on house lock down before a major trip with tons of errands to get done was not fun at all. Overall, we are pleased with the results, although the tile backsplash was darker than we thought or wanted it to be and now we need to repaint. My favorite part of the entire project is my new fabulous sink and even more fabulous faucet. I love love love my faucet. It has a pull out hose thingy in it and I even have a little installed soap squirter so that I no longer need to have my soap on the counter. Maybe it is just me, but I believe the kitchen is all about function and that the soap needs to be accessable at all times and the trash can out where, God forbid, you can both see and use it. I use my kitchen too much to have to dig for essential items. Just saying.

Do you remember what this kitchen used to look like?

Super fab brown/red and earthy backsplash do not mix. Look for some blue above the backsplash soon... I am still intent on keeping that red/brown in the mix though and am thinking of a super wide horizontal stripe at the top. Which I will probably have to paint when Kim is NOT home so that he'll see it and then fall in love with the idea. I feel like I am spending the whole summer in a respirator mask...


No comments:

Post a Comment