The judges have voted and the results are in. Alastair is going to have a
BABY SISTER!
Today was the big ultrasound and it would seem it is time to start thinking pink. I have felt all along (with some trepidation) that this baby was a girl, but it still was a bit shocking to be proven correct. Kim is delighted and said that he would secretly have been a bit disappointed to miss out on having a girl. I'll be sure to ask him that again when she is 13, when she is dating (he says that will NEVER happen) and when we are planning the wedding. Of course he is also under the impression that because he is a cool dad (what does that mean exactly?) that his kids won't think he's a dork. I am wildly in love with the man, but even I know he is a dork. Sorry, Kim. But I digress!
It's a girl. Wow. Some updated photos taken by our not so great photographer/ultrasound tech:
Our bashful and wiggly child. She had her arms up over her face for most of the ultrasound and boy, was she a wiggle worm! We hope that is not a sign of things to come.
And this was the best of the 3D pictures. This may be a bit hard to see if you haven't been looking at ultrasounds much in the last few years. Look for a little face, looking left, on the right side. She won't be this lumpy in real life (the ultrasound tech assured us).All systems are working fine and it really is neat to see all four chambers of the heart just thumping away, especially considering her heart is currently the size of my pinkie nail. Truly amazing.
So now it's on to decor, to names, and to convincing Alastair that he really wants a sister. Yesterday I asked him if he wanted a little girl or a boy and he said boy which is a change from the last few weeks. Today before nap I told him that he was going to have a little sister. His response: "Or a little brother."
"No sweetie," I responded, "you are going to have a little girl for a sister!"
Alastair: "Or I could have a little brother."
This is his way of saying he does not want a girl, but he'll have time to cope. Ask him any question and then clarify that you want a yes or no in return, and he will response "or yes" in the affirmative, "or no" in the negative.
Thanks for sharing your news! You did have a feeling it was a girl...and you were so right! Mom's know the real deal.
ReplyDeleteWhat names are you thinking?
We are so excited for the Bowling family! Alastair is going to be such a great big brother! I can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl!
ReplyDelete