We are all about teeth in the Bowling household these days. At least six times a day, Alastair disappears and I find him happily standing on his little stool in his bathroom scrubbing away at his pearly whites. I'm all for dental hygiene, but having an unattended two year old standing a foot off the ground with a toothbrush in his mouth is stretching it a bit far. Alastair's preschool teachers tell me that he spends a good part of the day atop their step stool washing his hands as well... For most of the day the child is prepped for surgery!
We're also all about nudism these days. Perhaps I should say Alastair is all about nudism. He has finally discovered how to take off his pants and diaper and has entered his streaker stage, a stage all children enter sooner or later. I was really rooting for after potty training, but life is full of little disappointments. If I can keep his clothing on him during the day, he refuses to get redressed after his nap and will run around shirtless or alternately pantless. The diaper, of course, is not up for negotiation. Bathtime is an especially exciting time as he is clearly training to be a track star and will sprint around the house bare naked with Kim and I chasing him. It is great fun.
Here he is on the night last week when we discovered that he is old enough for piggy back rides now. He really looks miserable, doesn't he?
Kim and I are looking forward to our last 2008 Mommy and Daddy trip to Cancun and are praying that the hurricanes leave us alone so we can enjoy our vacation. The Granny Brigade arrives next week and between the 6 am wake up calls, the streaking, and the obsessive sink play, they have their work cut out for them. Good thing they come in pairs!
No comments:
Post a Comment