Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October is Here




We're back from vacation and Kim has declared a moratorium on further vacations until next summer since we have been on five trips in 2008. Despite being 30 (ok, 32) I still look at the year as existing in two parts: the school year and the summer. So as I see it, we really have only gone on one trip so far this year! Which leaves us wide open for skiing. Work on Kim for me, will you?

Just to showcase my technical talents (however limited they are) this post will contain a slide show, a video, and a Photoshop altered photo! Those of you with dial up, and you know who you are, I am prodding you in the right direction. No need to thank me.

Our trip to Cancun was great and three days was just the right amount of time for us to relax. Kim and I have never been on a vacation before that didn't involve hiking, climbing, skiing, or some other sort of rigorous sport/activity. We had a great time but I will admit that it felt a bit odd to just sit on the beach and go swimming occasionally. I really think this would be an ideal trip to take with little kids and other families. So next time we're looking for companions!

I promised video and you shall not be disappointed. Here I am doing the "foot push" with my two new friends. I was so excited about swimming with the dolphins but I was really nervous about it at the same time. I did shriek just a little the first time one popped up next to me and I wasn't expecting it. By the end of the hour, I was totally relaxed and rubbing dolphin bellies. Would I sound like a 10 year old girl if I said it was kind of one of my dreams to do this? So back to the foot push. I was most nervous about this.






It is sort of like water skiing backwards... And was the most exhilarating thing ever! Fortunately I was able to prevent my bathing suit from coming off before the Mexican Paparazzi immortalized me in film. I bet their Christmas party is colorful.





And last but not least, the Photoshopped portion of the blog. Here we are at the pumpkin patch this weekend. Alastair was actually crying and throwing a fit in this photo. Through the wonders of software, I was able to merge a decent shot of him at the patch with one of Kim and I looking about as attractive as we get.
Next up: Halloween pictures! And from the enthusiasm Alastair showed for his costume the other day, I could be at the mercy of Photoshop again...

One more thing. I was waiting for the video to upload when I heard a door close down the hall. Kim is at work and I was thinking, "I'm going to kill that dog. What is he doing now???" Yes, I am in denial. It was Alastair, who vaulted out of his crib, opened his door, came out and then closed it behind him. "Hi! Momma!" he said as he raced by me en route to the kitchen... This is not good.





2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it. You looked like a pro with the dolphins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an AWESOME resort!!! I think Mason taught Alastair how to do that lil trick :)

    ReplyDelete