It is a new year and there is plenty to be excited about in our house. For Alastair, it is the sea of toys flowing through every room, despite our best attempts to contain them. Most of you have heard of our "cast iron Christmas" and this year is definitely the "wheeled toy Christmas." This is a really good thing though, since Alastair happens to love anything he can push/pull or that has a steering wheel. Sort of like someone else I know... Here he is coming out of his room Christmas morning and seeing the tree and his loot for the first time.
And here he is exploring the neato hotrod his Granpa Bowling got him. As soon as his feet reach the pedals, I can see him gleefully gliding up and down the street to the park. He is sure to be the envy of all the little (and big) boys on our street.
Kim and I really enjoyed having a relaxed Christmas at home. Grammie and Papa shared the day and a newly svelte Uncle Bill arrived Christmas Eve to share the holiday. Alastair spent the morning and afternoon alternating between cars, adorned with a festive bow (look closely). Too cute!
2008 also holds an exciting first for Kim and I: a real grownup vacation without the baby. OK, so it's not really a first, but since we didn't have a real baby before (sorry Boudreaux) this is our first mommy/daddy trip. Lake Tahoe here we come! It has been quite awhile since we have been skiing (3 years? 4?) and I celebrated by buying a new ski coat. Which promptly triggered a wave of 75+ degree weather. Houston, no need to thank me.
No comments:
Post a Comment