Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas is almost here!

I thought I would share a fun video of what the hot game in our house is these days. Alastair works on his noises all day to impress Daddy with in the evening. Too cute to hear him "pffffttt'ing" away on the baby monitor.

Christmas is almost here. Last week that phrase served only to intensify the feeling of panic that was building within me... This week I have organized myself into what could comparably be considered a state of zen. OK, perhaps not, but I do have my shopping list virtually completed (Radio Shack and HEB is it!) and just have a bit of assembly to complete. The house is definitely ready for Christmas, even if not all of our occupants are (you know who you are). In fact, yesterday I encountered Brown Santa while I was watering our cyclamen and what to my wondering eyes did appear? A fancy hotrod pedal car for Alastair. Kim and I are being VERY good and leaving the box alone, at least until Christmas eve when we will have to figure out if there is assembly required... Since there is a bold FORD on the box, this has Papa Bowling written ALL over it. And if Alastair doesn't like it, I expect to find Kim wheeling up and down the sidewalk making "vroom" noises.

I am also throwing in a picture of us at the Mustang Christmas party (looking a bit like we are part of a wedding party). Alastair slept over at his Grammie and Papa's and it was the first time Kim and I got to sleep in for over 15 months. Of course, I still woke up at 7:15, but found a bandanna to tie around my eyes and I was off again to the land of nod. Heaven.



I hope that you find yourself at the end of your "have-to's" so that you can enjoy all the "want-to's" that come with this time of year. I try to remember my old pal Wordsworth whenever I am getting panicky about the relentless march of days and the to-do list that keeps getting longer and longer, like when I am standing in line somewhere with a child that was done ten minutes ago. "Getting and spending we lay waste our powers," he wrote, "Little we see in nature that is ours." The Christmas translation: take time to see yourself in your family and friends this week, and don't lose the light of the season in all the "have-to's." Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment