Friday, June 15, 2007

Onward... And Upward!

Alastair is getting his sea legs... In his crib during what I refer to as the "crib olympics" he spends at least 10 minutes rolling around and pulling up, often patting the wall the crib is next to. I lay him down, he pops back up, I lay him down, he pops back up. You get the picture. Another fun pursuit is parent climbing, which I rank somewhere around 5.6 on the YDS (Yosemite Decimal System). Alastair is a free climbing baby (no top rope for him!). The coffee table is about to be replaced by an oversized storage ottoman so that his beautiful blue eyes won't be obscured by black and blues...

Crawling is still on the horizon, but our little daredevil is still one mean motor scooter. He gets into crawling position, turns whichever way he wants to go (usually towards the dog, poor Boudreaux) drops to his belly, then pushes with his legs and squirms his way to his destination. Yesterday, he was playing happily on his blanket and I got up to put away the breakfast dishes. You know when everything is a little TOO quiet? I think that is the universal sound that tells a mom something isn't right. Apparantly, we're also going to move the magazines this weekend too. The DirecTv guide and Kim's engineering magazines seem to be so very tasty...

Busted!

In other news, the family is staying pretty busy this summer and have been keeping cool in the nearest body of water. This past weekend, we went back to Camp Wood and had a lovely time in the river. The water was moving pretty quickly in the center, and Mr. Boudreaux couldn't quite figure out why he couldn't get anywhere. I think he's still tired! Here are a few shots:

"Rolling on the River"
Grandad Frizzell floats a move

Chilling with the Fam (note swimming dog just above Kim)

And the bonus pic this post:
Alastair monopolizing the toys at playgroup





1 comment: