Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bluebonnets/Easter

A few weeks ago we headed to, cough, College Station to visit our very dear (obviously) friends the Reece's.  Despite a little rain, we got a clear window to go take a few pictures in the bluebonnets.  


I'm clearly a little biased, but gosh, do I have some pretty girls.

This one.

May she never too big to carry and cuddle.

And this one.  Sweetness personified.


And together?  Be still my heart.

Alastair stopped chasing his buddy long enough to join them.  Such a fun kid if you can get him to stop moving long enough to hang out.


Jen even got one of all of us.  Yeah!

Then...  Easter!


 Nell participated in her first egg hunt at church and did some decent egg collecting.


She got pretty good at getting them open too.


 Alastair is an old pro and he keeps careful count to follow directions.

 Emery was not quite so fastidious...

Easter day we all got up early and headed to church.  The girls were wearing some much Facebook'ed  dresses I made for them.

We informed the "no chocolate until the pictures are done" rule.

Makes for some committed kids, I'll tell you.

I love this bench.

Later, we did our own egg hunt at the house.  The Easter Bunny fills the eggs, then Kim and I hide them after church.

We do color coding, which makes for a peaceful hunt.

Nelly really liked the little robin's eggs.





We finished up the day with a nice dinner at Grammie and Papa's.  The kids have just about mowed their way through the obscene quantity of sugar they collected.  Alastair has nursed his but Emery isn't much of a saver which means I have heard lots of crying while her big brother has savored his, something that I think makes nursing the candy a much more satisfying experience for him.  Siblings...


No comments:

Post a Comment