Monday, May 23, 2011

Emery, at 18 Months


I've missed the 18 month post cutoff by a few days. Today I started searching for Emery's 15 month post to compare her stats and discovered that I never made one. Technically, all these photos were taken when she was actually 18 months old though, so it's all good. I guarantee the authenticity!



Emery has gone through a growth spurt in the last three months and is now up to a whopping 21 pounds, 13 ounces, placing her in the 14% percentile. She has also grown two inches, so she is 2'7" and in the 29% percentile. Moving on up!

Emery has been dutifully facing the rear seat all this time in her car seat, so long, in fact, that now the American Academy of Pediatrics is now recommending that she remain that way until two years old. This weekend we caved and turned her on the way to the lake. We're going to be spending a lot of time in the car this summer and the poor girl was about to break her neck craning to see the TV. We are also concerned about her getting clobbered by the coolers and boat paraphernalia on the other side of the seat in the event of a collision. (Canine projectile, anyone?)



Emery is in swimming lessons for the month of May, although I think we'll take a break for the summer and do one-on-one time at the pool. She loves the water and is already very relaxed about floating, so I'm curious to see how far she'll progress outside of lessons.

At 18 months, Emery is working on new words, although she will typically whisper them quietly to herself and grunt/point to express her point otherwise. She's back to signing for "more" and "all done" and can say: bird, ball, doggy, Daddy, Mommy, brubba ("brother"), up, book, more, this, down, and her favorite: "noooooooo."

Emery is very inquisitive (read: she's into everything) and is very quiet while she explores. Kim and I are more than a little nervous about the twinkle she gets in her eye as soon as we tell her "no ma'am" and try to redirect her. She loves to sit on the fireplace and recently has discovered that she can climb into the playhouse on her own. It is an exciting time at the Bowling house.

No comments:

Post a Comment