We see a lot of this these days: the backside of the baby in hot pursuit of something she just has to have. Some babies wait until they can hold themselves aloft before crawling over the house. A dignified approach, that. Emery doesn't have time for that. There are cars to be stolen, blocks to be chewed, and all sorts of mischief happening right now. She has mastered the army crawl and our girl could teach lessons in this method.
One. Acquire target. Lock radar.
Two. From sitting position, lunge forward, bending your legs in freakish positions as you go.
Three. Hover above the floor with knees down and hands outstretched.
Four. Lunge to the ground, pulling with arms and pushing with toes.
Five. Wriggle. Writhe. Wiggle as you go. Pay no attention to the whining of the three year old as you advance on his toys.
Six. Repeat.
In other news, Emery is chowing down on solids now. Although she has shown us some seriously entertaining faces, she has happily eaten everything we have offered to date. She is enjoying one meal a day and generally stays cleaner than this photo. Generally. But if this happens with butternut squash, I am a bit worried about spaghetti.
In the interest of full disclosure, I have used a few organic baby food packages this time around (carrots, prunes, and pears). I am still preparing the rest of it myself and when we get to real meals with protein, I'll be doing all of that from the Healthy Baby Meal Planner (Annabel Karmel). I say this to warn friends and family away from Kim at parties. Steer the conversation away from baby food if you don't want to hear about how little his wife cooks that he gets to eat. How the poor man is relegated to frozen ravioli and canned food while Emery eats like a princess. Pay no mind to the the posts featuring cinnamon rolls, fresh baked cookies, and pies. Kim eats nothing but spaghettio's. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Keeping up with big brother is still the plan for most days. Emery is happiest with two long naps a day, but will settle for three shorter ones if we are out and about in the morning. Most of the time, she is happy to ride around in the jogging stroller watching the action.
In the interest of full disclosure, I have used a few organic baby food packages this time around (carrots, prunes, and pears). I am still preparing the rest of it myself and when we get to real meals with protein, I'll be doing all of that from the Healthy Baby Meal Planner (Annabel Karmel). I say this to warn friends and family away from Kim at parties. Steer the conversation away from baby food if you don't want to hear about how little his wife cooks that he gets to eat. How the poor man is relegated to frozen ravioli and canned food while Emery eats like a princess. Pay no mind to the the posts featuring cinnamon rolls, fresh baked cookies, and pies. Kim eats nothing but spaghettio's. Don't say I didn't warn you.
School is over for the year now and we are already busier than I would like to be. My motto this summer is "we'll see you when we see you if we see you." Sort of a laid back approach to clear the schedule and just slow down. I kid that I am going to have "sloooow down" tattooed on my forehead backwards so I will remind myself every time I look in the mirror. Might be a bit distracting in family photos, but not insurmountable with Photoshop.
This week I broke out the baby pool one afternoon when it was super hot and Daddy was due home in an hour.
This week I broke out the baby pool one afternoon when it was super hot and Daddy was due home in an hour.
In her defense, it was rather chilly as I filled the pool about ten minutes before they got in. It also didn't help that Alastair thought she might like getting splashed. Sigh.
We went to the big neighborhood pool last weekend and that went over better. Emery still wasn't entirely convinced, but she didn't cry and scream, so we're on our way to enjoyment. The pool is a big part of my "enjoy the summer" campaign.
No comments:
Post a Comment