Mother's Day weekend was packed full of activity. Friday night we met up with some friends at Discovery Green for the Art Car Parade preview. We initially planned to go the parade Saturday afternoon and Alisa suggested this event to spare ourselves from the heat. Alastair loved the cars and the weather was as it good as it gets this time of year in Houston.
Some of our favorites (and I am kicking myself for not getting artist credits to share as well):

From the "Art Car Independent Cool District"

Ha.

Kim and I wanted to climb up there as much as Alastair.

"It's wonderful to be here, certainly a thrill. You're such a lovely audience..."

"ROAR!"

My favorite. This Volvo was covered in singing lobster and fish. The engineers that designed this car choreographed the sea creatures so that they both sang and danced to the music. There was even a crustacean conductor with a baton.

Big finish! Probably cooler in person.

Not quite sure why Jesus is brandishing bananas, but entertaining, nonetheless. I can just imagine the looks this one gets driving down the road.
Discovery Green is our family's new favorite park. There is usually a band on Saturdays and with a super cool playground and interactive water features (sort of like a splash pad on steroids), there is something for everyone. There were lots of little areas to just relax without any company, too.

With comfy benches, babbling water fountains, and beautiful downtown views.

Sometimes cute girls hang out there.
Saturday we went to dinner at Clay's. Alastair immediately dove into the sand box with his new friends. Emery, however, was not in a very good mood.

Proof that she is not always smiling.
Things improved when Kim took her to make a new friend.

Emery, welcome to the "I want a pony" club. I have a lifetime badge around here somewhere.

Note the look of intensity. Someday soon, Em!
No comments:
Post a Comment