Friday, August 21, 2009

Sneak Peek


We're not ready for a full-on reveal of all the projects we have going, but I thought I would post a sneak peek of my new "happy place." Now, when Alastair is doing something really irritating, like refusing to put his pants back on after visiting the potty, instead of thinking "happy place, happy place!" I can actually go there. Of course, my favorite nudist will still probably follow me.

We finished this up last weekend after some excitement with wiring. Since then, I have been busy trashing the room by hauling everything out of the closet to purge/trash/recycle. It is sort of like condensing water, but I will say the surest cure for nostalgia in reorganization is disgust. I am feeling seriously overwhelmed by how much work this is, but empowered because I am carving out useful space by saying "sayonara" to space wasting things. This morning, I finally got it looking nice enough to take a quick picture to meet demand.

Tomorrow my very brave friend Audrey and I will kick off our fourth garage sale. I just know my neighbors think all the junk we haul out belongs to me alone. In my defense, this is only the second sale with just the two of us. I normally find another friend or two happy to drag their junk out and plop it in my driveway. Not that it was a selling feature of the house, but as it turns out, Kim and I are sitting on prime garage sale real estate. We'll have to include that in the sales flyer when we list. I am determined to get some pictures of Audrey and I hard at work, particularly because we are both hugely pregnant. Do you think that might create buyer sympathy? Hmm, an angle I hadn't considered... With any luck, strangers will fork over cash and haul off our trash to spare us a trip to Goodwill later in the day. I also took the liberty of booking myself an appointment to redeeem the massage gift certificate I got for Christmas. Add some donuts, and it could be a really good day. If Audrey and I don't pass out in the heat (or go into early labor.)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! You can come up here and make me a happy place anytime you feel the need to create. Right now my happy place is the bathroom and Melanie still manages to ruin that place too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! I have a Mac Book but after seeing your office, I'm pretty sure I need an iMac for my office too. Good luck with your garage sale!

    ReplyDelete