Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Feeling the love...

Today we will have been back from vacation two weeks. And what have we been up to since then? Well, among other things, we hosted a full dinner/shower for 10, and attended a wedding a Dallas. But aside from that, not much. Perhaps there has been a bit more packing and unpacking (my favorite!) and sadly, the laundry is still here. And a bit more cleaning. Always the cleaning...

Here we are headed to Dallas, and yes, I thought it was important to document a non-baby attended road trip. We stayed in two hotels over the weekend including one in Addison, which turns out to be a really cool area with ample shops and restaurants. Saturday night we crashed at the Renaissance, which I highly recommend. Cool hotels make me want to come home and redecorate or perhaps not come home at all. Kim and I loved the breakfast buffet, so much so that it would almost be worth driving back for the food alone. Among the feast of fresh fruit and typical breakfast offerings, we had vegetable and crab filled omelets and the best crepes stateside. Yum!

I just realized that I have officially written a post talking about buffets... What's next? Cruises? Atlantic City? OK, technically, I have already been to Atlantic City. But I did NOT order from the buffet. Fact.

Alastair got to hang out with his Granny for a whole weekend of juice boxes and unlimited story time. He is a bit miffed to be home with mean Mommy now.

Here are Mindy and Mark (or as I like to privately thing of them "Mork and Mindy") after the wedding. It was a lovely ceremony and the reception was fun.

The bridesmaid bouquets were a mix of white/green hydrangeas, red roses, and leopard orchids. I trucked the bouquet home and it is doing really well on the kitchen table as I write this. Please note the dress in its current incarnation. It will be getting a facelift later in the month for my brother's wedding.

And lastly, we sent Monte off yesterday to live with his great grandparents. Monte has not been feeling (or getting) much love lately as there are too many other creatures in this house demanding my attention. His Great-Granny (GG) really loves him and wants a pet that is low maintenance (she did not specify a noise level). Enter Monte. Alastair and I gave him a little send off party and Alastair even got to pet him. Alastair was thrilled although I'm not sure Monte really could reciprocate the enthusiasm. This little conure has been with me on and off since 1992 and will probably outlive us all. We are happy to have him with someone we know will take care of him and perhaps he will even get out of his cage occasionally since no one in their home wants to eat him. All around, a big improvement for Monte!

2 comments: