Monday, May 5, 2008

Big things are happening at our house! By some minor miracle, I have completed the letters that spell Alastair's name and actually hung them on his wall. BEFORE he has left for college! Yes, it was a proud day for me. Unfortunately, the color and finish is hard to see in this photograph. Fortunately, they are easy to see in his room. For a better idea, check out this close up picture.
Just as I was drying the final coat of paint and waiting to shellac the finished product, I happened upon a blog that featured decoupaged letters in varying scrapbook papers. I am itching to try this, but figure the boy only needs his name spelled out over 4 feet in his room once. So if any of my readers in blog land have some letters to work on, let's get crackling! Er, cracking...

Another milestone at our house has occured. This may be as exciting to many of you as my post (complete with photographs taken in the Target parking lot) of the first time Alastair rode sans car seat in a shopping cart. However, I was excited enough to shoot video of the blessed event, which I will refrain from posting from fear of receiving hate mail...

Alastair can eat Cheerios with a spoon!

OK, this may not seem like a milestone to many of you that have children old enough to have children themselves. But if you, like me, find yourself wondering every morning what to feed an angry toddler (and they are all angry when hungry, sort of like Kim), the ability to feed oneself cereal with a spoon gives me another degree of separation from a skillet or saucepan. At least for one meal a day! And that is plenty of reason to celebrate.

Here is Alastair, shortly after achieving this developmental feat, frolicking at the La Centerra splash pad. He had such a good time playing in the fountain, except when he had the misfortune to be leaning over one of the spouts when the water came up. He was trying to figure out where the spout went when it came shooting back up. Mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment