Wednesday, March 21, 2007

An unusual milestone...

We celebrated a substantial, but often undervalued, milestone in the last week. Alastair is embarking on a whole new phase of development: he is able to sit unassisted in a shopping cart! I did mention that this was widely undervalued, right?


Here he is at Target (yes, I actually took a picture of him in the parking lot) happy to be upright and about to begin a whole new phase of shopping adventure. I remarked after the trip how easy it was to maneuver the cart with only 17.5 extra pounds and not the whole 27 pound carrier. It has been quite some time since I pushed a cart around without an infant at eye level! Alastair commented how nice it was that Mommy didn't run into as many things in the store because she was able to see where she was going.

Next up: positioning the cart in the dead center of the aisle to eliminate the grabbing that is sure to correspond with Alastair's new participation in the shopping itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment