Friday, July 13, 2012

Team Pink

Is it really cool or creepy?  I can't decide.

The big news in our house this week is that we'll be adding another girl (!) to the family, and not the boy Alastair has been pining for.  He has actually vacillated on whether he wanted a little brother or a little sister and told me the day of the big ultrasound that he didn't care; he just wanted a baby.  Cool kid, isn't he?  Emery on the other hand, has been very consistent that we are not having another baby and that she is the baby.  On this point, she has not wavered.  That is less cool.

I feel a little weird posting the photographic proof that we'll be having a girl even if she is still en utero, so you'll have to take my word on it. 

I've always kind of pictured myself more of a boy mom, or at the very least a tomboy mom, but I think with two girls in the house, I will be losing the princess battle.  Emery's favorite princess at this point, and the only one she knows by name, is Princess Leia.  She can make laser gun sounds and likes to pretend she has a light saber.  This kind of princess I can deal with.  My good friend Angela, queen of the girls, told me that from this point onward, she will refer to me only as Pinkalicious, Princess Mom.  Thanks Angela.

The good news is that I find that with children of my own, I am surprisingly adaptable.  For example, I now find myself on the freeway about to shout "Raptor!" when I see Alastair's favorite vehicle on the road, even when he isn't in the car.  If the kid decided he loved football (the boring American kind) I would even go watch him.  Although, let's be frank, I really pray it doesn't come to that.  So if Emery goes all pink on me (and believe me, she totally wants to) I'll get ready to sew more ruffles and find a 40% off coupon to go buy a BeDazzler.  God help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment