Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's spooky how fast Halloween went...

I love Halloween.  The only thing that makes not personally dressing up tolerable is getting to design and outfit not one but two little trick or treators instead.  

Without further ado, I give you:

The Big Bad Wolf

and

The sweet and innocent Little Red Riding Hood.

So far I have been able to steer my brethren away from major commercial costumes like Spider Man, etc.  There just isn't much a mom can do with that, you know?  This year Emery was old enough to fully participate in the holiday with her brother and that just cried out for a team costume.  I hope I can get away with it for a few more years before they put a stop to it!

Before the big day, there was a costume parade at school, a costume party at the park, and our annual Rowdy Rebels Halloween bonanza.

Look how big these kids have gotten.


And the little miss who wants to be a part of all the big kid fun.


Alastair's costume, which I consider to be a kinder gentler wolf than the masks available for purchase (all of which are gory and really frightening) still scared a little sister and even his friend Ella wasn't so sure about it.  "That's still really you, isn't it, Alastair?" she is asking him here.  "Really, it's you in there, right?"


Alastair got to "mummify" his Daddy in a race which he was proud to finish first.

Someone has to take the picture and I volunteered to sacrifice my participation for the greater good. 

Look who even got a turn at the pinata!  


Onward to Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment