The last few weeks have been jam packed with adventure.
Alastair spent a week at his preschool for VBS. That means Emery got to do her pickup victory parade (marching while shrieking and waving at everyone; she does draw a crowd) twice a day and Alastair got to party it up all morning long. We have a new cd of VBS music that is on repeat and Emery has even learned all the motions to the songs from her big brother. I love how much fun Alastair has at school and how much Emery wants to be there too. That is going to be helpful in a few months!
We have been making time to eat out a bit and hang out with friends. That includes catching up with some traveling buddies and brewing with friends. We even got to host baby playgroup at our house on the day it rained.
A summer favorite in these parts is the Noah's Ark pool. It has made the end of summer "lasts" list for the three years running. I'm going to be sad when Alastair is too old to enjoy this. I think I like it as much as the kids!
The Noah's Ark pool is essentially a super baby pool with soft slides, spouting whales to climb, watering palm trees, and a huge soft Ark to climb on/through/slide down. The whole pool is about 6-8inches deep and there are enough lifeguards around to really let a mom relax enough to enjoy watching her kids. Emery really was into it too this year and I know we'll back at least twice before it closes for the season.
Last week we also hit Chuck E. Cheese. Alastair sure loves this place. After an hour or so of clinging to me for dear life, Emery relaxed enough to enjoy riding the mini-carousel. A trip to Chuck E.'s involves more work at our house these days, as I have to find a close approximation to their pizza and bring in some for Emery, carefully keeping it hot until lunch time. The air conditioned playtime and joy on Alastair's face is worth it though.
Coming up this summer we are expecting fun guests for the Fourth and I see signs around the neighborhood for the much anticipated Fourth of July parade and pool party. I don't think I can handle it getting cancelled again this year after last year's debacle. We are also looking forward to another round of VBS later in the month and a trip to Maine by summer's end. Good reasons to start toting my camera!
Coming up this summer we are expecting fun guests for the Fourth and I see signs around the neighborhood for the much anticipated Fourth of July parade and pool party. I don't think I can handle it getting cancelled again this year after last year's debacle. We are also looking forward to another round of VBS later in the month and a trip to Maine by summer's end. Good reasons to start toting my camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment