Friday, May 15, 2009

And baby makes four...

I have been thinking about redesigning this blog for awhile now and I wanted to time it to make a little announcement. It seems that my redesign is a still a few weeks off and this little announcement keeps gets bigger every day. My patient husband suggested that I go ahead and fill in the blogging public before we need to send birth announcements.

May I introduce you to the soon to be newest member of the Bowling clan: Baby Speck. He/She will be making his/her grand debut sometime this October. My due date is October 20th, but I prefer to think mid-October is a better time line to work with.


Kim and I have decided to find out if Alastair is going to have a little brother or a little sister, but we won't know that until our appointment in early June, when I will be 20 weeks along. I love the suspense and excitement of finding out in the delivery room (like my good pal Emily who was just blessed with baby #3, a BOY!, after two darling girls) but let's face it: I can't handle the decorating conundrum. Do you design the room for either sex and hope that the second boy learns to love yellow? Or do you hold off decorating at all, figuring that you can do it once the baby is born? Yeah, right, like there will be time for that! If we are blessed with another boy, I want the clothing that I have meticulously cleaned and stored freshly washed and in the dresser. And if the little he turns out to be a little she, then I need to figure out how to incorporate girly touches with the furniture and, egads, figure out this whole bow thing. So yep, it boils down to home decor. Although, it should be said, that the naming dilemma is not something Kim and I can put off either, as Kim came up with one and only one name last time: Abigail. And this was after we knew our little bundle of joy was a boy.

As far as the pregnancy itself, I am 17 weeks this week. I have been feeling great since about the 11 week mark and was sicker with this baby than with Alastair, although I didn't get quite as gaggy. This was more of a generalized queasiness that lasted all day. That is behind me now and I feel great, although I am a bit astonished at how quickly I look pregnant the second time around. I'll see if I can get a side view to post sometime in the next week...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so excited for your family. Also, love the new design of your blog. I'm envious of your internet craftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! The whole craftiness isn't all that hard really, though it can eat up quite a few afternoons...

    ReplyDelete