Monday, September 24, 2007

They wouldn't buy me peanuts OR crackerjacks...


Here we are the Pirates/Astros game last weekend. A great starter game for a little guy since it was a very quick game. When we left at the bottom of the eighth, the Astros were up 10 runs. TEN. So we figured it was safe to head home for naptime. Alastair really liked all the clapping, although he was a bit scared when the canon? went off for a home run. He also learned to cover his ears with hands and now Kim is convinced he is going to walk around with his ears covered well into adulthood. If that is the worst thing that happens, would it be so bad? An adult with intact hearing?



In other news, I scored at Target's 75% off summer items sale and bought Alastair a bicycle trailer so that he can ride in style. Most importantly, now we can ride our bikes again! He likes the trailer but really HATES the helmet. We went on a really nice 30 minute ride the night I bought it and then on Saturday Kim took us on what I can only describe as a death ride... Apparantly, after 30 minutes pulling the trailer, I start to peddle a bit too slow for Mr. Daddy's style. So he took over on my bike and then took off. Poor Alastair was whipping around corners much faster than I would have liked. Put it this way: I was in highway gear on Kim's (aka Papa's on loan) bike and in top gear. Peddling full out. Panting and sweating. And barely keeping up. Enough said.


And under the "bonus pics" section. This was taken at Clay's Restaurant (love that place!) and Alastair is trying out Papa's glasses. Apparently grilled cheese fingerprints are pretty tough to get off... Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment