Here we are hanging out in the riverbed. Not the greatest picture in the world, but it gives you a sense of the countryside. Sort of like something out of a western movie. I kept looking for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (hubba hubba) but was sorely disappointed. (Gen to Kim: "How come you talk so much?" Kim to Gen: "Just naturally gabby, I guess.")In the last few days, Alastair started babbling and it is a pleasure to hear him say something other than "argh!" and "aaaaaaaahhhh!" at top volume. We are currently working on "bah, ba, ba, ba" and Kim and I are placing bets over whether "ma" or "da" will be next.
Yesterday he pulled up for the first time when we were playing "baby in the basket." This is an ingenious game that is played by placing the baby in a (clean) laundry basket with some toys and then the other participant folds clothes. I'm sure you can imagine which one of us this is more fun for. Fortunately, when he decided to stand up, I was ready for him and managed to prevent him from knocking out his two teeth on the tile when the basket turned over. Perhaps we'll have to amend the game to "baby in the playpen."
Since it has been getting warmer during the day and staying warm at night, I figured it might be time to try out the pool. Today was the day! Here we are at Grammie L.'s house, shortly after Alastair ripped off his swimming hat in a triumphant "ta da!" maneuver. If you look over my head, you can see it floating sadly off... After the initial shock of the water (Mom to Alastair: "isn't that refreshing?" Alastair to Mom: "ARGH!!!!") we had a great time. Until next week, here is a bonus video of a bouncing Alastair in his favorite device on earth: the jumperoo. Click here.
Kim's chattiness is a Bowling trait. We will soon see if Alasatir has it too. Only seems fair for him to have it. ;0)
ReplyDeleteDad